Current Career Opportunities
Job Title: Director of Development
Company: Florida United Methodist Foundation
Location: Lakeland, Florida (in-person)
Position Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000 - $100,000 (commensurate with experience)
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Pension, Vision
The Florida United Methodist Foundation is seeking a dynamic and strategic Director of Development to lead the implementation of our comprehensive development plan. This pivotal role involves collaborating with the President to define and recommend development objectives, managing relationships with ministry partners, organizing financial planning events, and overseeing educational programs on estate planning and charitable giving.
The Director of Development will play a crucial role in developing and nurturing a network of pastors, conducting training sessions on stewardship and financial readiness, and ensuring effective communication of planned giving opportunities. Additionally, this position involves staying current on emerging strategies and technology through continuing education programs and seminars.
- Defines and recommends, in collaboration with the President, development objectives and develops short-term and long-range plans and projects focusing on increasing deposits, investments, and other financial offerings.
- Oversee Development Staff’s responsibilities to manage relationships with FUMF’s ministry partners, including specific assignment of direct relationships management to Development Staff
- Oversee Development Staff’s organization of FUMF financial planning events.
- Effectively communicates planned giving opportunities to current and future ministry partners.
- Develop and nurture a network of pastors who can make referrals to the Foundation, including the exploration of contracted retired clergy or laypersons who can officially represent the Foundation across the state.
- Coordinate and conduct training sessions for pastors and laypeople related to stewardship and financial readiness.
- Develop, coordinate, and present programs on estate planning, and charitable giving, as well as ensure client and prospective client’s access to estate planning resources.
- Educate and assist ministry partners in establishing and growing endowment programs.
- Works with the President and Chief Financial Officer concerning the budget expenditures relating to development.
- Presentations to the Board of Directors as requested by the President.
- Attend continuing educational programs/seminars to stay current on emerging strategies and technology.
While the responsibilities detailed above are integral to the role, they are not exhaustive in nature.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required; Master’s Degree or Certification preferred (MDiv, MBA, CFRE, CPA, etc).
- Working knowledge of the United Methodist Church’s structure and polity.
- Effective presentation skills, including the ability to speak in the pulpit and before church groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and a team-oriented working style.
- Ability to work independently and a commitment to ongoing professional development.
Physical Requirements and Working Environment:
- Normal office environment; willingness to work a flexible schedule, occasional weekend, and/or evening work.
- Ability to travel up to 40% across the State of Florida to meet with constituents. (Car provided)
- At least 75% of the normal day spent working on a computer.
- Must be able to stand, walk, and lift up to 20 pounds.
How to Apply:
We want to hear from you if you're ready to bring your passion for strategic development and commitment to fostering meaningful connections to the Florida United Methodist Foundation! To embark on this exciting journey with us, please share your cover letter, resume, and three references via the form below. Your unique skills and perspective could be the perfect match to elevate our team and further our mission. Join us in making a lasting impact on the communities we serve. We look forward to exploring the possibilities together!
The Florida United Methodist Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
"*" indicates required fields